MILD HYPERBARIC OXYGEN THERAPY
Rest inside the comfortable Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber as you breathe oxygen enriched air UNDER pressure of 1.5 ATA.
Harness the power of oxygen and pressure.
Mars One Astronaut Candidate
‘The more we look at our health in a proactive way the better our long-term outcomes are. It’s self-empowerment really. It’s my body.’
CO-HOST OF ABC’S
THE WEEKLY WITH CHARLIE PICKERING
‘I left feeling fantastic!’
Why choose the mHBOT at Alchemy?
- Pressurised Air: The ambient air inside the mHBOT Chamber is pressurised at a safe and effective 1.5 ATA. Thus, referred to as 'Hyperbaric'.
- Pressurised Oxygen: Wear an oxygen face mask that supplies extra oxygen pressurised at a safe and effective 1.5 ATA. Thus, referred to as 'Hyperbaric Oxygen'.
- Hygienic: Wear your own individual oxygen face mask.
- Comfortable: Rest inside a hard shell chamber.
What is the mHBOT experience like at Alchemy?
It is comfortable in the mHBOT Chamber and most people find the experience very calming as the increased oxygen has a very relaxing effect.
What is the mHBOT session process?
The mHBOT session duration is 60 minutes. Prior to entering the mHBOT Chamber an Alchemy team member will provide an introduction. We will explain how the mHBOT Chamber is pressurised and the techniques (i.e. yawning, swallowing, lightly pressing) you will use to clear you ears during pressurisation, it takes less than 5 minutes to reach 1.5 ATA pressure. Whilst in the mHBOT Chamber you will be wearing your own oxygen mask that will provide pressurised oxygen for you to breathe. After the initial 5 mintues of pressurisation you can then relax, meditate, sleep or read a book (electronic devices are not allowed in chamber). It is comfortable in the mHBOT Chamber and most people find the experience very relaxing or calming. Once the session time is complete it will take 3 minutes to release the pressure from the mHBOT Chamber and open the door. During this time you will again need to clear you ears using the same techniques used in the beginning.
What do I bring/wear during my mHBOT session?
We advise you to wear something loose and comfortable whilst in the mHBOT Chamber. We can provide a robe for you to wear.
If you did not make payment online, you will also need to bring a debit or credit card, as we DO NOT ACCEPT CASH.
Can I sleep during my mHBOT session?
Yes, it is common to sleep or be in deep meditative states during the session. The increased oxygen has a very relaxing effect.
Can I use my phone during my mHBOT session?
No, we do not allow electronic devices into the mHBOT Chamber. You may wish to bring a book to read instead.
How often may I have a mHBOT session?
You may intially try a course of 5 sessions in close succession (either consecutive days or separated by 1-2 days, e.g. 3 per week). While the benefits can be experienced immediately, they can also be cumulative.
From then onwards, you may do your sessions less frequently on a regular basis to maintain and optimise results (e.g. once every week or 2 weeks).
May I combine mHBOT with a Cryo and/or ATP Charger session?
Yes, you can try either of the following combinations:
- mHBOT followed by Cryo
- mHBOT followed by ATP Charger
In regards to scheduling your booking, please allow the following total duration for each session: Cryo 10 minutes, mHBOT 1 hour and ATP Charger 20 minutes.
What are the dimensions of the mHBOT chamber?
The internal dimensions of the mHBOT Chamber are 220cm long x 75cm high.
What pressure level does the mHBOT chamber run at?
The mHBOT Chamber sessions are at 1.5 ATA.
Are there any instances where the mHBOT is NOT allowed?
mHBOT is NOT allowed if you are/have any of the following:
- Heart conditions
- Previously had a heart attack
- A pacemaker
- Untreated high blood pressure
- Acute kidney diseases
- Unstable angina
- Cold or Flu Symptoms
- Under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Under 16 years of age
- Sinus or difficulty clearing ear when flying or swimming
- Lung or breathing conditions
- Any type of seizures or epileptic events
- Taken Bleomycin, Cisplatin, Doxoruvicin
- An incidence of Pulmonary Barotrauma
- Susceptible to high fevers
- Any temporary fillings, dental caps or unfinished root canals
- A diabetic or suffering from hypoglycaemia
- Any pulmonary or neurological conditions
If you are unsure if mild Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy is suitable for you due to a medical condition, please consult your doctor.